ISDA Executive Vehicle and Secure Transportation Report
$1.99 Prices do not include Tax
The Executive Vehicle and Secure Transportation Survey has been conducted every two years since 2013. Practitioners who participated in the survey represent the Corporate, High Net Worth, and Private Security community. 37% of the participants are from the corporate community, 23% are from Private Security, and 21% are from High Net Worth. The average years of experience of the participants are approximately 15 years.
The Survey covers all aspects of secure transportation. The goal of the survey is to examine trends and collect data that develop a broader perspective of the secure transportation profession.
A Summary of the 2017 Report
• The Mercedes Benz S Class and the Suburban are the model vehicles most often used for Executive Transportation.
• The use of Armored Vehicles has fluctuated: from 15.5% in 2013, to 22.9% in 2015, and to 14.1% in 2017.
• 42% of participants have worked in Law Enforcement. 38.7% were in the Military.
• 62% rent vehicles for use in Secure Transportation, and of those that do, 74% rent SUVs.
• When traveling with the principal, 53.4% hire drivers.
• 55% were not aware of the IRS Regulation regarding Secure Transportation.
In this year’s report, we added supplemental information to enhance and support the data.
About the International Security Driver Association (ISDA)
ISDA serves the protective services community. The ISDA membership is open to all who have an interest in personal protection. Whether you are exploring a career in executive protection, honing your expertise, or, you are an established security professional, ISDA is your essential resource for continuing education, benchmark research, and online learning programs, all designed to improve your skill set.
Frequently Asked Question about ISDA
Books Authored by ISDA Members
ISDA membership enables you to:
- Access benchmark educational, networking, and marketing programs.
- Connect with your colleagues and peers across the globe via the member directory
- Increase your knowledge and marketability through the precedent-setting education center, research, and online learning programs.
Be a part of a supportive community of like-minded experienced personal protection professionals.
- Certification is available to members who meet the requirements. The corporate community has been accepting the ISDA Certification process for more than 40 years. ISDA certification provides proof of knowledge and skill.
Learn More About the Membership and Join Today